Thursday, May 4, 2017

Kentucky Horse Park

Kentucky Horse Park

4.7.17



🐎 Girl Trip! 🐎
The girls spent a lovely day hanging out with horses at Kentucky Horse Park.





We got to meet some of the Champions who have retired there at KHP,
including Thoroughbreds Da Hoss and Go for Gin (in the photo below...pretty sure) 😉
and Standardbred Pacers Won the West and Western Dreamer.

It was a pretty day, but COLD!!!  We cuddled in the stands & tried to keep warm...

The Parade of Breeds Show was the highlight for all of us.




...and the highlight of the show for us was this horse, Mermaid (pictured below),
who is an unknown breed and had recently been rescued from a slaughterhouse.
Her owner did a beautiful ground routine with her accompanied by the song,
"All of Me"
Their "dance" was dedicated to "all those who didn't make it out."

What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright
My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind
'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you
It was beautiful watching the two of them together.



We had a tour of the Park on this horse-drawn carriage.
And we found some fun leftovers from former steeplechases.... 😊



 We had a little time to check out the International Museum of the Horse...
Did you know that jockeys wear several pair of goggles & just take them off as they get muddy?

...and that Arabian horses are this highly esteemed?


There are statues all over the park of famous race horses,
including Secretariat...


 ...and the biggest stud of them all, Man of War. 😉

A fun time was had by all!


Even the boys discovered cool things nearby...

...and we all enjoyed watching this amazing moving statue...


What a beautiful horse filled day!  -Brie 💕🐴

No comments:

Post a Comment